We are seeking a freelance translator and copywriter with a strong understanding of real estate terminology and mastery of Simplified Chinese writing skills for consistent freelance work under direction of the senior translation team. Detailed oriented and team player are a must. Proficiency with InDesign preferred but not required.
Our source content consists of detailed descriptions of luxury residences. Our clients’ property’s are some of the most expensive and elaborate houses in the world. Often the source text can contain large amounts of Jargon and brand names that are unfamiliar to the target audience (Mainland Chinese Readers). It is the job of the incumbent to not provide a literal translation, but convey the meaning of the source text so it’s most acceptable to the end reader. Those with translation backgrounds in architecture, creative writing, fashion, and design have been the most successful.
• Translate English source text to Simplified Chinese.
• Add translated content to the website.
• Provide meta-data to client pages.
• Assist senior linguistic team with publication projects when needed.
• Provide administrative support to the team.
• Strong command of English and Chinese. Translation Certification history.
• Native Mainland Chinese living in China or the USA.
• Experience in Creative writing and ability to fluently translate complicated descriptive subject matter.
• Ability to follow instruction and attention to detail.
• Computer skills including Dropbox.
• Good written English.
• Reliable internet access / VPN.
Preferred applicants will have:
• Understanding of the property industry.
• Study or work experience in the United States.
• Journalism or Marketing work history.
• InDesign experience with ability to translate directly in IDML files.
• Mandarin speaker.